There are many companies that offer assistive, accessible, and adaptive digital tools through AI assistance for the deaf, blind, and cognitively disabled. Here are a few examples:
1. Microsoft – Microsoft has developed several assistive technologies, such as Seeing AI, which uses AI to provide audio descriptions of the world for people with visual impairments, and the Immersive Reader, which uses AI to provide text-to-speech and other reading assistance.
Seeing AI link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ai/seeing-ai
Article: Are you a business owner looking to make your website more accessible for the blind? Microsoft’s Seeing AI may be just the solution you need.
Seeing AI is an AI-powered app developed by Microsoft that provides audio descriptions of the world for people with visual impairments. The app uses computer vision and machine learning to identify objects, people, and text, and then provides spoken feedback to the user.
By incorporating Seeing AI into your website, you can make it more accessible for blind users. Here are a few tips for integrating Seeing AI into your website:
1. Use descriptive alt text for images – Seeing AI can identify images and provide audio descriptions of them, but it needs descriptive alt text to do so. Make sure all images on your website have alt text that accurately describes what is in the image.
2. Provide audio descriptions of videos – Seeing AI can provide audio descriptions of videos, but it needs a separate audio track to do so. Make sure all videos on your website have an audio description track that can be accessed by blind users.
3. Use clear and simple language – Seeing AI can read text on your website, but it may have trouble with complex language or jargon. Make sure your website uses clear and simple language that can be easily understood by blind users.
4. Test your website with blind users – The best way to ensure that your website is accessible for blind users is to test it with blind users. You can use Seeing AI to test your website and get feedback from blind users on how to improve its accessibility.
By incorporating Seeing AI into your website, you can make it more accessible for blind users and ensure that all users have equal access to your content. So why not take the first step towards creating a more inclusive web today?
2. Google – Google has developed several accessibility features for its products, including TalkBack, which provides spoken feedback for people who are visually impaired, and Live Transcribe, which uses AI to transcribe spoken words into text in real-time.
Article: As a developer, it’s important to consider accessibility when creating applications. One tool that can help make your app more accessible to visually impaired users is Google TalkBack.
Google TalkBack is an accessibility service that provides spoken feedback to users with visual impairments. When TalkBack is enabled, users can navigate through the app using gestures and hear spoken feedback about the elements they are interacting with. TalkBack also provides audio cues for actions such as button presses, which can help users understand how to use the app.
So, what do developers think of using TalkBack in their apps? Many developers have found TalkBack to be a useful tool for improving app accessibility. Here are a few reasons why:
1. It’s easy to integrate – TalkBack is built into the Android operating system, so integrating it into your app is relatively straightforward. You can enable TalkBack in your app with just a few lines of code.
2. It helps identify accessibility issues – When you enable TalkBack in your app, you can hear how it interacts with your app and identify any accessibility issues. This can help you make your app more accessible and user-friendly for visually impaired users.
3. It improves user experience – By making your app accessible with TalkBack, you can improve the user experience for visually impaired users. TalkBack helps users navigate through your app and interact with its elements, which can help make the app more intuitive and user-friendly.
Overall, many developers rate using Google TalkBack as a positive experience. By using TalkBack to make your app more accessible, you can improve the user experience for visually impaired users and create a more inclusive app for all users.